Regular users of our site we recommend refreshing the page for accuracy
Opening Hours 15th October to 15th March 2023
- Food & Drink 8am to 2pm
- Food 5pm to 9pm
- Drinks until 11pm
- Food 8am to 9pm
- Drinks until 11pm
- Food 8am to 9pm
- Drinks until 11pm
- Breakfast/Coffee Shop 8am to 10am
- Sunday Carvery 11.30am to 4pm
- Drinks until 6pm
- Sunday Evening, all day Monday, all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday
- all day 19th to 27th December
- Reopen 28th, 29th Open evenings for drinks only
- Reopen 30th & 31st for food and drink
- Open News Day 1st January for lunch
We are open 7 days a week in the summer months predominately for our residents, although people locally are more than welcome to join us.
There are several Chefs here. In the evenings, the menu is consistent and the same each night. Be aware that Breakfasts & lunches on a Tuesday to Friday are cooked by our main “Day time Chef”.
Saturday & Monday mornings is a practical and enjoyable menu cooked by another Chef here.
Sunday mornings is limited to full English breakfasts until 10am, purely so "Chef Neil" can concentrate on his Sunday Lunch and evening preparation.
In all our fantastic offerings we always suggest giving us a call beforehand to book, thus avoiding disappointment.
Service Wait Times
· Please be aware that on most evenings, after 7pm, food from the kitchen may be slow ish.
· If you are after “fast food” – Docklow Pools/Fisherman’s Arms is not your answer
· We hope to turn a ticket to the table within 45 minutes.
- That’s a goal not a guarantee
- Good things come to those who wait.
· To enjoy an express service, we suggest eating early.
- If you book a table with us and you do not attend, or it's cancelled less than 24 hours before the agreed time – then:
- be aware we will not take another booking from you again.
- Non attending customers names are recorded. That includes residents
- Tables of 10+ diners - we'll need a non-refundable £20 deposit to secure the booking.
- This is not refunded regardless of cancellation or nonattendance.
Large table bookings (10+)
- We may charge for what was booked unless cancelled or amended 24 hours before arrival
- As we work on a sensible capacity, we may turn other customers/business away, so if someone lets us down at short notice, they will be charged to cover the loss.
- Keynote – Please don’t book large tables if you know numbers are vague or others won’t attend
· We will continue to work to safe standards regardless of decision by our government in weeks to come.
· Customers and staff are encouraged to wash hands regularly.
· Face masks are completely optional
· Feedback from customers is they have respected and admired how the Docklowteam has worked.
The Woodland Walk
· The walk does not include the lakes.
· That is kept peaceful for our residents.
· The Woodland walk is only available to patrons of the Fisherman's Arms coffee shop or restaurant
· It is not a public park or National Trust.
· If you don’t use the or have any intention of using the Fisherman’s Arms before or after your visit, then the walk is not available to you
· Its Free of charge = We ask all customers use the Fisherman's Arms
· Otherwise, its £10 per car for those who do not use the Fisherman's Arms
· For non-residents it mirrors the Fisherman's Arms hours.
· Dogs are allowed in the bar, coffee shop & conservatory only.
· Dogs are not allowed in the restaurant
· Assistance dogs are allowed in the restaurant.
· Dogs must be always kept on a lead
· We don’t allow aggressive breeds or “Yappy/barking” dogs
· Docklow Pools is an adult only holiday venue.
· We do offer a children’s menu
· But we allow children to come with their guardians before 6pm.
· That is last orders for children.
· We ask politely children stay with their family.
· All food & drink ordered must be paid for.
· Docklow Pools does not accept £50 notes.
· We insist all patrons refrain from bad language whilst using the Fisherman's Arms.
· No drinks or food that was not purchased at the Fisherman's Arms can be consumed on our premises (including soft drinks & snacks of any kind).
· Card or Cash payments both accepted. We urge card payments over cash please
· Locals & Residents, all welcome
· We may work to two sittings so everyone can enjoy our food & restaurant.
· We open early to allow people to eat early.
· Normally allow a good 2 & ½ hours dining for the early service. If you need longer do let us know
· After dining you're welcome to have a drink in the bar or outside and stay the rest of service.
· Sunday lunchtime
· There is no alternative food option on a Sunday lunch time and evening
· Sunday is Carvery only.
· Small carvery is for under 10s only – Not intended for adults
· Customers must tell us of any food allergy so we can help.
· The customer or guardian must take responsibility to inform their server.
· We may in certain circumstances have to decline offering food because the risk is so great.
· We'd rather be safe than sorry.
· We don’t advertise “bespoke” private Chef arrangements although if we are able to help, we most certainly will.
REQUEST A RESERVATION*
Country Pub, Restaurant
& Sunday Carvery
Whether you’re staying with us on holiday or local to Docklow, the Fisherman’s Arms welcomes you to join us 7 days a week during summer for fantastic homemade food at great value.
Our summer opening is every morning and every evening, with a Sunday lunch carvery which has a wonderful reputation across the county.
All our meats are from a local butcher. Food is homemade including delicious dishes, pies, chips, pudding, and desserts.
It means that we are more than just a fishery. People who come on holiday love the fact that they can eat well, in friendly traditional surroundings, at great value prices without leaving the Docklow estate.
The Fisherman’s Arms has both a restaurant a pub grub evening menu and an impressive breakfast brunch and lunch menu too.
Please check our winter opening from 15th October to 15th March (we are closed 24th to 28th December every year).